Handling of Personal Information
【Basic Policy for the handling of personal information】
The Company hereby declares that it shall comply with laws concerning the protection of personal information and hereby sets out below, based on the stipulations of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, its basic policy for the handling and protection of personal information.
1.Purpose of the use of personal information
The Company shall use personal information within the scope of the purpose of use. In cases where the Company uses personal information beyond the purpose of use stipulated below, the Company shall inform clients to that effect in advance and confirm clients' intention.
- ①The Company shall use property information in order to investigate deal counterparties.
- ②The Company shall use property information for advertising by internet and leaflets, etc.
- ③If needed, the Company shall register property information on the property search system operated by the designated real estate information network (REINS) in order to investigate deal counterparties. After the concluding of contracts, the Company shall provide the designated real estate information network (that is designated by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism in accordance with on the Real Estate Business Law) with the information on successful deals (such as general information on the property concerned, the date of contract and the price. The names of contract parties are not included). The designated real estate information network uses property information and information on successful deals for the jobs stipulated in the Real Estate Business Law, such as the provision of such information, by electronic data or as printed materials, to real estate business entities that are participating in the designated real estate information network and to public institutions.
- ④The Company shall use personal information for the purpose of investigating the counterparties of sale and purchase contracts or lease contracts, for concluding the contracts of sale and purchase, lease, mediation or administration and for providing services pursuant to the contract concluded.
- ⑤In association with real estate deals with which the Company is involved, the Company shall retain personal information on applicants, lessees of leasehold properties, personal information on applicants, purchasers of property for sale and purchase, personal information that is stated in application forms or contracts received from the owners or rights-holders of property in connection with the entrustment of mediation or administration and other personal information duly obtained.
- ⑥The Company shall use personal information for the purpose of the implementation of contracts concluded with clients, the administration of contracts in cases of leasing deals and the administration of contracts after the conclusion thereof or the provision of after-sales service in cases of sale and purchase deals.
- ⑦Out of clients' personal information, the Company shall use addresses, names, phone numbers and mailing addresses for the purpose of delivering direct mail by which the Company introduces services provided by the Company for other properties as well as information on products and services provided by affiliated companies that is deemed to be useful to clients. The Company shall stop such use upon the request of clients.
- ⑧In cases where administrative work is involved, the Company shall use personal information for the purpose of the carrying out of work pursuant to property administration service outsourcing contracts that are concluded by the condo association board of the condominium in question.
- ⑨In relation to the jobs described in ① to ⑦ above, the Company shall use personal information for the purpose of introducing the Company and affiliated companies that is deemed useful for clients, the delivery of products, the implementation of after sales service and notifications regarding maintenance services that are part of administration.
- ⑩The Company keeps personal information in the form of books and materials as designated by the Article 49 of the Real Estate Business Law.
- ⑪The Company shall use personal information for price assessments concerning the sale, purchase or lease of real estate. If needed, the Company shall provide information on successful deals that was used for price assessments to clients in mediation as “grounds for opinion” as stipulated in Clause 2, Article 34-2 of the Real Estate Business Law.
- ⑫The Company provides personal information to third parties as stipulated in 2 below.
2.Provision of personal information to third parties
For the purpose of the implementation of contracts concluded between the Company and clients, the administration of contracts in the case of leasing deals and the administration of contracts after the conclusion thereof as well as the provision of after-sales service in cases of sale and purchase deals, and the introduction to clients of products or services believed to be useful thereto of business partners of the Company, the Company provides, if needed and depending on the matter, third parties as stipulated in ① to ⑪ below with name, address, phone number, date of birth, information on property concerned and information on successful deals by means of documentation, mail, telephone, internet, E-mail and other advertising media.
- ①In cases where there is client consent.
- ②Counterparties or potential counterparties to contracts related to the matters entrusted by clients.
- ③Other real estate business entities.
- ④Internet advertising and other advertising entities, including their associations.
- ⑤Designated real estate information network (in cases where exclusive right to sell listing contracts or exclusive listing contracts are concluded, the Company is obliged by the Real Estate Business Law to register on the designated real estate information network and inform it of information on successful deals).
- ⑥Judicial scriveners for registration and registered land and building investigators.
- ⑦Financial institutions which extend loans.
- ⑧Property administration service entities in cases where the administration of the property concerned is necessary.
- ⑨In cases where the administration by the Company is required, the company stipulated in the statement of material matters of the property administration service outsourcing contract to which the Company outsources administrative jobs, a bank for the debit of administrative maintenance fees and the members of the condo association board.
- ⑩Credit information institutions with regard to credit checks on lease applicants (where necessary).
- ⑪Rent collectors utilized in the event that lessees are in arrears.
- ⑫Companies in the UNIMAT Group of which the Company is part.
3．Entrustment of personal information processing to outside contractors
In cases where the Company outsources the processing of personal information to outside contractors in whole or in part, the Company shall conclude the necessary contracts and conduct proper management and supervision.
4．Measures for the protection of personal information
- ①The Company shall conduct employee education on the protection of personal information periodically and shall strictly administer clients' personal information.
- ②The Company implements necessary security control measures to protect the database of the Company.
5．Notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, amendment of content, addition or deletion, stopping of use and stopping of provision to third parties with regard to personal information
If notification with regard to the purpose of use, disclosure, amendment of content, addition or depletion, stopping of use, or the stopping of provision to third parties with regard to personal information that the Company retains is requested by clients themselves or their representatives in a predetermined manner, the Company shall respond, upon confirmation of the claimant's identity, within reasonable period and limits. In such cases, there is a possibility that the Company is unavoidably no longer able to provide clients with services that meet their demands because of the stopping of use or deletion and therefore, the understanding of clients is requiring when making requests in this regard.
- ①Personal information to be disclosed
Personal information concerned with deals regarding the sale and purchase of real estate, real estate leasing, real estate mediation and property management services, etc.
- ②Purpose of the use of personal information to be disclosed
Refer to "1. Purpose of the use of personal information" hereinabove.
- ③Complaints desk concerning the handling of personal information
S-FIT CO., LTD. General Affairs Department
Izumi Garden Tower 14F 1-6-1 Roppongi Minato-ku. Tokyo 106-6014
TEL: 03-5428-5561 (available from 10:00-17:00 on Monday to Friday)
Japan Information Processing Development Corporation TEL: 03-5797-7030
- ⑤Method for requesting disclosure, etc.
When requesting disclosure, etc, please fill out all items in the Company's predetermined "Form of request for the disclosure of personal information" and submit directly to the complaints desk or post together with identity verification documents (*1), or identity verification documents of proxies in cases where submitted thereby (*2) and fees. Please obtain the "Form of request for the disclosure of personal information" by downloading it from the Company's website or requesting it from the complaints desk as described in above.
(*1)Identity verification documents
A copy of either your driving license, passport, health insurance card, alien registration card, pension book, or Basic Resident Register card with photo.
(*2)Identity verification documents of proxies
A copy of either the letter of proxy, the proxy's driving license, passport, health insurance card, alien registration card, pension book, or Basic Resident Register card with photo.
Fees for the request for disclosure etc. are ¥1050 (inclusive of tax) and the Company shall respond after confirmation of the payment thereof.
6．Complaints and consultation concerning personal information
The desk for inquiries or consultations concerning the handling of personal information is shown below.
[The desk for inquiries or consultations]
S-FIT CO., LTD. General Affairs Department
Officer in charge of the protection of personal information Yoshinobu Koyama
TEL: 03-5797-7062 / FAX: 03-5797-7076
Izumi Garden Tower 14F 1-6-1 Roppongi Minato-ku. Tokyo 106-6014
S-FIT CO., LTD. (entity handling personal information)